~ Adopted ~ Silver Aviator Hat with Earflaps
Sorry, but this Silver Aviator Hat with Earflaps has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Are you in need of a Silver Aviator Hat that combines both historical and futuristic elements?
This lightweight hat is an elegant solution when you need to top an outfit that looks to the Past or the Future. Of course, you can be a Medieval Knight AND a Space Aviator at the same time!
• This felted cap is made of gray Merino wool which has silver lace fabric felted through it. The focal point in front is a felted seashell sculpture in gray with white-colored, milk protein fibers. The wool felts, while the milk protein does not - this makes a lovely texture.
• The hat is a unique variation of an aviator hat with earflaps. There is a ring of topstitching that encircles the crown. The seashell shape on the front is three-dimensional and hollow. There is beading around the opening.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from a thin layer of soft, 22-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and the earflaps are 9" / 23 cm. The hat is 12" / 31cm in width.
• It is very light in weight and thickness, 2.3 oz. / 65 gm.
• Headsize SMALL: but, this wool is stretchy and fits a range of small to medium -- 21.5" / 54.5 cm to 22.5 / 57 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place small towel inside to shape. Then, air dry.