~ Adopted ~ Simple Gray Gotland Wool Beret
Sorry, but this Simple Gray Gotland Wool Beret has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this beret, please contact me.
A simple and elegant hat solution, this felted beret is minimal in tone and unique in style. Wear it and feel chic! It sort of has a 1920's feel to it as the top is rounded like a Twenties cloche.
• Natural gray, Gotland wool gives a heather-ed color to this hat. The inner layers are made from a softer, brown-colored Merino wool, which makes the hat easier to wear and richer in color. The hat is decorated with three 'slashes' which add interest to the front of the hat. Topstitching around the right side adds crispness to the brim.
• This beret is rounded on top and almost reads as a cloche.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from soft Gotland wool and finer Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.8 oz. / 108 gm.
• Headsize LARGE.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide gray-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring. Pull-on the cord to make the hat smaller in size.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.