Spiky Blue Felted Pixie Hat
Are you looking for a magical hat that can take you from public transit to winter wizard woodland gatherings? This spiky blue pixie hat with a fedora brim is the perfect transition hat: transitioning you from world to world.
The color ranges from cream to pale blue, with accents of dark blue. There are lots to look at in the texture department. Long locks of cream-colored Leicester wool curls cascade over the brim and sides. Here and there, white bamboo fibers shine brightly. On the front, two blue glass stones with a metallic sheen glitter. At the top of the hat, there are five woolen spikes which arch upwards.
This felted hat has an interesting shape: think of a cross between a wizard and a fedora, with a little bit of a Canadian Mounty silhouette. Along the edge of the brim, there's millinery wire hand sewn. This is covered in custom-dyed, silk dupioni fabric. Matching silk fabric lines the inside of the hat. A turquoise millinery grosgrain ribbon is hand stitched around the inside.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 22-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of work to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 11" / 28 cm in height and 11" / 28cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 5.6 oz. / 160 gm.
• Headsize MEDIUM : fits a range of 22" / 56 cm to 22.75" / 58 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake. Due to the millinery wire in the brim. this hat cannot be washed. Instead, spot clean with a damp cloth.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.