Spiky Red and Black Leaf Hat
Imagine the fun you will have wearing this unique Spiky Red and Black Leaf Hat. Its sculptural shape will remind you of Autumn leaves, while the modern color combination of red and black will remind you of the city. It's truly a statement hat!
• The hat includes many shades of red, some black, and a bit of gray along the 'veins' of the leaf.
• This hat is asymmetrical with one side angling diagonally downward. Nine pointed lobes spikily extend from the hat.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt. Additional texture comes from shiny, black silk fibers and earthy gray Gotland wool which has been felted in. The spike-like tips have been stiffened with millinery stiffener.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
Inside the hat, there's a red-colored, grosgrain millinery ribbon.
• The hat measures 4.5" / 11.5 cm in height and 19" / 48cm in length.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.7 oz. / 105 g.
• Headsize LARGE: fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.