Spring Colored Impressionist Felted Cloche
Can you imagine the soft dappled light of Spring coming through new leaves? Amazingly, this Impressionist Felted Cloche evokes that same sensation of how the colors blend and flow in a Monet painting. You could wear this to your own private fairytale ball or when you need to add a little bit of sparkle to an everyday outfit.
• The colors on this multicolored, felted hat are hard to describe. There are soft buttercup yellows, duck egg blues, and touches of magenta pink. In addition to all that exciting color, there is glorious shine from viscose fibers, iridescent sequins, and opalescent fabrics. It's a piece of wearable art reminiscent of the rich fabrics of Mario Fortuny.
• As the surface of the hat is so luxuriously rich, the shape is rather more straightforward and simple. The silhouette is rounded on top, with a bit of asymmetry to one side - rather like a Cupie doll's curl. The brim is narrow and comes down over the ears. To accentuate and help hold the shape, there's topstitching along the brim and curl.
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from soft Merino wool fibers, viscose fibers, sequins, Margilan silk, and iridescent fabrics, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 10.5" / 26.5 cm in width.
• It's a lighter weight thickness of felt and weighs 3.6 oz. / 102 gm.
• Size MEDIUM-LARGE; it fits a range of headsizes -- 22.5" / 57 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• With the Gem Collection Hats, there isn't a millinery grosgrain ribbon sewn on the inside.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.