Sunflower Cloche in Mustard Yellow Felted Wool
This Felted Cloche in Mustard Yellow wool was inspired by the colors of Vincent van Gogh's sunflower paintings. - specifically how he paints the yellow flowers against a blue-green background. It's magical! Additional inspiration comes from the Fibonacci patterning that occurs in the center of sunflowers.
Wear this golden, felted cloche and feel connected to both Art and Science with the hat's dazzling and light-filled hues!
• This felted hat is a delicious shade of mustard yellow with celadon green, raised bumps patterning on the crown. They somewhat look like a geometric mosaic and catch the light marvelously, like a golden gem. The brim of the cloche has a triangular-shaped, petal-like patterning in sea green.
• The hat has a deep crowned, cloche shape with an undulating brim that is reminiscent of the shape of flower petals. The hat's edge gracefully frames your face. There's topstitching in this section to add emphasis and help hold the hat's shape.
Like many in the Felted Gem series, this hat can be twisted and turned to your favorite front. Plus, it's packable!
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from three layers of super-fine Merino wool fibers that have been embellished with shiny viscose fibers, and sheer Margilan silk fabric, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 7" / 18 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It's a lighter weight thickness of felt and weighs 4 oz. / 112 gm.
• Size MEDIUM-- it fits a range of headsizes -- 22.25" / 56.5.cm to 22.75" /58 cm.
• With the Felted Gem Collection Hats, there ~isn't~ a millinery grosgrain ribbon sewn on the inside.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
HOW to FIND YOUR HEAD SIZE:
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.