Tall Black Felted Top Hat with Silk Velvet Decorations
This unusual, Tall Black Felted Top Hat with Silk Velvet Decorations is for the wearer who wants to stand out with elegant style.
• This hat is rich black with silver textile lace and silk velvet fabric felted in.
• This top hat is extra tall with a slight zig-zag to the sides. The brim is narrow. and asymmetrical.
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from soft Merino wool fibers using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible, and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 11" / 28 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It's a mid-weight thickness of felt and weighs 7.2 oz. / 203 gm.
• Size LARGE: it fits a range of headsizes -- 22.75" / 57.5 cm to 23" / 58.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide gray-colored, grosgrain ribbon which can be adjusted to make the hat smaller.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. This hat can be gently hand-washed in cool water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.