Tall Ivory and Sepia Hat
This Tall Ivory and Sepia Hat was inspired by the warm brown ink drawings from the Renaissance.
Wear this subtle hat with an off white or ivory colored coat. Or pair it up with a brightly colored outfit.
• The hat is made of white Merino wool and is decorated with hand-painted, sepia brown-colored, professional fabric dye.
• This felted hat is tall and rounded on the top a bit like an English Police officers hat. The brim is asymmetrical and angles down towards the right. Along the sides of the hat, there is silk fabric felted in. On the front, there are two 'craters' with circle-shaped layers. In addition, there is another crater at the very tip of the hat.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience, and lots of work to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 12" / 30.5 cm in height and 10.5" / 27 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 5.7 oz. / 161 gm.
• Headsize LARGE : but, fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.5" / 59.5 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray colored, grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat somewhat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
Due to this hat's complex construction, please limit to spot cleaning with a damp cloth. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
Ready to Ship, with free shipping within the US.