Tumeric Yellow Felted Beret with Sculptural Pod
This Tumeric Yellow Felted Beret with Sculptural Pod is playful yet elegant and evokes warm and sunny days. Not a bad thing to wear when it's brrr outside!
• The hat's colors are yellow-orange, with the innermost layers being orange-colored wool.
• The hat has a beret shape with an organically shaped seedpod decorating the top. It looks like a peapod. The edge of the hat is machine-topstitched.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 12" / 30.5 cm in height and 4" / 10 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.4 oz. / 97 gm.
• Headsize SMALL: it's a small-sized hat and fits a range of 21.5"/ 52cm to 22" / 56 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.