~ Adopted ~ Turquoise Blue Felted Beret with Wave on Top
Sorry, but this Turquoise Blue Felted Beret with Wave on Top has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
Do you love the Ocean? This Turquoise Blue Felted Beret with Wave on Top can help you feel closer to the magic of the sea ... even if you live in a landlocked place.
• The hat is turquoise blue with lighter blue swirling on the top and along the wave. There are pale blue silk fibers that add shine and interest.
• The hat is shaped like a beret and has a felted ruffle on top that looks like an ocean's wave.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM: fits a range of 22" / 56 cm to 22.75" / 57.5 cm.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 11" / 28 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.3 ounces / 94 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a turquoise grosgrain ribbon encircling the headsize.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.