Turquoise Blue Felted Cloche with Mermaid Tail
Rather normal or not - this Turquoise Blue Felted Cloche with Mermaid Tail is a mixture of so many charming elements: 1920's cloche goodness, crossed with fantasy Mermaids, crossed with...a touch of Smurf. Wear it and feel chic and slightly bemused by all the land-based creatures around you.
• This hat is a turquoise blue with lots of chartreuse undertones. Additionally, there are acid-green silk fibers felted horizontally around the hat - like ocean waves. On the fishtail, there is iridescent aqua-blue fabric felted in which adds fun texture and sort of looks like fish scales.
• Combing multiple silhouettes, this hat comes down low over the ears like a cloche, yet also has the tip of a Phrygian cap... or a Smurf. The brim is narrow but extends and flips over to become the Mermaid's tail. There's a bit of vertical top-stitching to add crispness to the crown. The tail is 'tacked' down with hand stitches so that it gracefully moves, but won't flop onto your face.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize MEDIUM to LARGE: fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• The hat measures 8" / 20 cm in height and 10" / 25.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 3.8 ounces / 107 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide purple-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.