~Adopted~ Undulating Spiral Hat in Blue-Green and Raspberry
This Undulating Spiral Hat in Blue-Green and Raspberry is a graceful and feminine hat, head-turning in both color and form. Wear it when you want to feel warm AND beautiful.
• This hat's colors range from Mallard Blue-Green on the crown, down to a warm, Raspberry Purple, near the base.
• The hat has an organic, graceful shape, with a raised band that undulates around the hat.
• The hat is entirely handcrafted and created from fine, soft Merino wool fibers and additional, stronger Bergschaf fibers, using special techniques taught by felting master, Zsofia Marx, in her online felting class, 'Stunning Hats.' (I have taken two classes with her).
Note: Since the photographs have been taken, I have machine topstitched the edges with turquoise colored thread.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water; this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in the rain. Due to the Bergschaf fibers, this hat ~might~ feel slightly itchy compared to a hat made entirely with Merino wool.
• The hat measures 5 " / 12.5 cm in height and 12.5" / 32 cm in width.
• It's a heavyweight thickness of felt and weighs 3.9 oz. / 111 gm.
• Size - this hat can be adjusted. Please, let me know in the NOTES field at the checkout. I will either shrink or stretch the hat as needed. Then, I will hand sew in a black grosgrain ribbon.
Currently, it is a MEDIUM-sized hat - 22.5" / 57 cm. See below how to measure.
• Care instructions: felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Due to its method of creation, this hat can take the rain, but should only be spot cleaned. Allow to air dry, resting on a flat surface.
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear-to-ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Love, love, love my new felt hat! The color is beautiful and the design is classy and interesting! Cannot wait to wear it.
So glad that you were able to stop by the Booth at A Fair in the Park. Also, so glad that LOVE your new hat! Am sure that Winter Weather will soon give you loads of hat-wearing opportunities.
Of course, thank you for the lovely review!