~Adopted~ Whimsical Bandleader Hat with Giant Raspberry
Need more smiles in your life? This Whimsical Bandleader Hat with Giant Raspberry on top, with its whimsical shape and happy color, may provide smiles to you and passers-by. It would be fun to wear to Burning Man, Kawaii Anime Convention, or other festive events.
• This hat has an ombre pink coloration that goes from pale fuchsia to hot magenta-purple as you go up. Bright, pink-colored felted balls decorate the 'Raspberry'.
• Unique! This hat has a bandleader style hat as a base, with an enormous, hollow raspberry on top Surrounding the felted fruit, there's a collar of raspberry leaves that have been sewn on. Five hot pink balls add interest. One on the front adds a kinetic element as it swings about. Plus, the Raspberry has a bit of movement to it too. Truly a Fun Hat!
• This is a handcrafted hat created from a superfine, 18-micron, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• Headsize SMALL to MEDIUM: fits a range of 21.5" / 54.5 cm to 22.25" / 57 cm.
• The hat measures 11" / 28 cm in height and 12" / 20.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 6.3 ounces / 181 grams.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide gray-colored grosgrain ribbon with a drawstring that can be used to adjust the hat and make it smaller, if needed.
• Additionally, there's an elastic cord that helps keep the hat on your head. Slip the cord under your hair at the back of your neck.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• Due its construction, spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
Like all hats on the FeltHappiness website, this hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.