~ Adopted ~ Whimsical Felted Watermelon Beret in Red and Green
Sorry, but this Whimsical Felted Watermelon Beret in Red and Green has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this beret, please contact me.
This whimsical, Felted Watermelon Beret in Red and Green will remind you of the warm days of summer (when you're freezing during the winter).
• The hat's colors are just like a real watermelon: red for the juicy fruit, varied greens for the rind and black for the seeds.
• This felted beret is asymmetrical with a sculptural 'stem-like' extension on one side. You can turn the hat so that the 'stem' is nearer your face. The tip of this hat is conical and comes to a point.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 7"/ 18 cm in height and 14" /35.5 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 5.4 oz / 152 g.
• Headsize MEDIUM: it's a medium-sized hat and fits a range of 21.75" / 56cm to 22.5" / 57 cm.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake.
• This hat can be gently hand-washed in cold water. Rinse. Blot dry on a towel. Place a small towel inside to shape. Always air dry hand felted wearables.
This hat is ready to ship.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.