~ Adopted ~ White Mushroom Hat with Blue Polka Dots
Sorry, but this White Mushroom Hat with Blue Polka Dots has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This White Mushroom Hat with Blue Polka Dots is an unusual and unique felted hat. It has a bit of cheeky humor and refers to Pierrot, the Clown from Italian Commedia dell’Arte. Additionally, the hat obliquely also refers to poisonous mushrooms. Although, Fly Agaric Mushrooms are usually red and spotted with white, and not white spotted with blue.
In addition to being whimsical, this hat is a kinetic piece of wearable art. At the very top, there is a white and blue 'mushroom' sewn which gently bobs as you walk/dance/hop.
• The hat is made of white Merino wool and is decorated with seven indigo blue, polka dots. Each of the blue dots has silver lace fabric felted in to add a bit of sparkle.
• This felted hat is super tall and shaped like a rounded clown hat.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving, using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience, and lots of work to shrink the fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 17" / 43 cm in height and 9" / 23 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 6.9 oz. / 197 gm.
• Headsize LARGE : but, fits a range of 22.5" / 57 cm to 23.25" / 59 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a wide, gray colored, grosgrain ribbon band with a drawstring casing. Use this to make the hat somewhat smaller.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
Due to this hat's complex construction, please limit to spot cleaning with a damp cloth. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.