White Surrealistic Brain Hat
Wear this slightly surreal, sculptural felt hat at your next event and know that you are wearing a piece of one of a kind, wild wearable art that nods to the work of sculptor Louise Bourgeois (who has an amazing fountain and eyeball benches in a park in downtown Pittsburgh).
Additionally, this hat evokes the Eye of Horus and human organs....brains and intestines. But of course, they are surrealistic and stylish organs, so you ~could~ be a Zombie...but you will be one wearing very chic headwear!
• The hat is light gray, almost white, with undertones of indigo blue. Cream-colored, hand-felted cords and balls decorate the top of the hat.
• Like many of FeltHappiness headwear, this hat has a combination of silhouettes.
The hat fits like a cloche but has a short bill that shades the eyes and small ear flaps that partially cover the ears. Attached to the top of the hat is the sculptural decoration, which undulates organically like brains or intestines. On the right side can be seen the stylized Eye of Horus, formed from hand-felted cords. Below this on the earflap, there are two raised cords felted in.
• The hat is entirely handmade and created from ultra soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool fiber using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading to shrink the fibers into strong, flexible and warm felt. In addition to insulating, woolen felt naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain.
• The hat measures 6" / 15 cm in height and 11.5" / 29 cm in width.
• It is a medium thickness felt and weighs 7.7 oz. / 218 gm. Note: the top of the hat where it is heaviest.
• Headsize MEDIUM & it fits a range of -- 22.25" / 56.5 cm to 23.5" / 60 cm.
• Inside the hat, there's a gray colored grosgrain ribbon.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain resistant. Dust is not a problem - just give it a shake.
While the hat was made with soapy water, due to the complex nature of this hat, it would be best to treat it like a sculpture. Spot clean with a damp cloth, if needed. Always air dry hand-felted wearables.