~ Adopted ~ Wide Brimmed Felted Hat with Fringe in Neutral Colors
Sorry, but this Wide Brimmed Felted Hat with Fringe in Neutral Colors has already been adopted. If you would like your own version of this hat, please contact me.
This Wide Brimmed Felted Hat with Fringe in Neutral Colors is an unusual winter hat that will remind you of a summer spent under the brim of a wide straw hat.
• It contains several shades of gray, with taupe colored wool edging along the brim.
• This felted hat has a rounded crown and a wide brim. The uppermost side of the brim is hand-fringed and is reminiscent of a woven straw hat.
• This is a handcrafted hat created from soft, 18-micron quality, Merino wool roving using the technique of wet felting. This ancient and simple craft takes patience and lots of kneading by hand to shrink the wool fibers into a strong, flexible and warm felt.
In addition to insulating, wool naturally resists water. Hence, this hat will keep you warm in chilly weather and dry in light rain. Plus, wool resists mildew, dirt, and fire! It's magical stuff!
• The hat measures 9 / 23 cm in height and 13" / 33 cm in width in total, with the brim being 3" / 7.5 cm.
• It is a medium thickness of felt and weighs 6 ounces / 169 grams.
• Headsize LARGE: it's a large-sized hat and fits a range of " / cm to " / cm. There's an adjustable ribbon on the inside.
• Felt is an eco-friendly, fiber that is water and stain-resistant. Dust isn't a problem - just give it a shake. Spot clean with a clean, damp cloth if needed. Air dry.
FINDING YOUR HEAD SIZE
Every head has its own unique size and shape which can be measured with a flexible tape measure, or even a piece of string.
Take the tape measure and encircle your head, just above the top of ears. Make sure that the tape measure goes over that small bump at the back of your head. Please don't pull it tightly. Leave a little 'ease' so that one finger can fit under the tape. An ear to ear measure can be helpful too.
Measure three times: it is surprising how it can vary!
Inches or centimeters are fine.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.